Magnum Nutraceuticals is dedicated to integrity in producing the highest quality sports nutrition supplements.
Magnum Nutraceuticals has been in business since January 2005 and can now be found in over 45 countries throughout the world. This year Magnum received one of the most prestigious honours, POPEYE’S SUPPLEMENTS – BRAND OF THE YEAR
BETTER INGREDIENTS, BETTER RESULTS.®
- Magnum Nutraceuticals was established over 12 years ago in the winter 2005 when it began producing its 100% Pharmaceutical Grade supplements. Today it is Canada’s Supplement Brand of the Year as it continues to produce the industry’s highest quality products.
- Markus Kaulius (Magnum Owner & President), having owned 3 of his own supplement stores fully understood the challenges supplement store owners face; the constant grind to find reputable, high quality brands at great prices with limited availability; the price war with online discount sites and large nationwide chains; the lack of marketing support and resources to promote the store and the brands; the over-promised and under delivered guarantees supplement brands would offer. This was a large part of the motivation for creating the Magnum Nutraceuticals brand.
- 12 years after its inception Magnum Nutraceuticals is an internationally recognized brand, has three operating warehouses in North America, offers over 22 industry leading products, employees a 90+ person athlete team and in 2015/2016 received the prestigious Canada’s Supplement Brand of the Year award from Popeye’s Supplements.
- Magnum Nutraceuticals brand was founded and built around one core value – make every decision with integrity. This all starts with our raw ingredients, where we source 100% Pharmaceutical Grade ingredients for all our formulas. Our formulas are then produced in a cGMP, Site Licenced and Pharmaceutically Licenced facility and tested to ensure they meet or exceed label claims and are free from all banned substances; our products come with 100% guarantees that our customers can trust.
- Integrity not only goes into our products but also into our relationships with our suppliers, customer accounts, athletes and end consumers. We have close working relationships with all our suppliers to ensure every product branded Magnum is of the highest quality standard. All customer accounts are afforded the best treatment with regards to product guarantees, MAP protection, staff support and marketing and promotional materials. Every single athlete on the Magnum team represents the values of Magnum and carries themselves with professionalism, excitement and respect. Lastly, the final users of Magnum products can feel confident that we are taking great care of our products and ingredients with them in mind.
- Companies in the sports nutrition industry are here today and gone tomorrow so how has Magnum stood the test of time and remained an industry leader? A strong WHY; To bring Integrity back to the sports nutrition industry and change the industry for the better.
- To provide customers all over the world with the highest quality sports nutrition supplements that only use 100% Pharmaceutical Grade Ingredients
- Build an extremely exciting brand that customers love and trust for all their supplement needs
- Create the industry’s most unique, exciting and powerful formulas!
- Forge outstanding partnerships with our customers all over the world.
At Magnum Nutraceuticals we only formulate using 100% Pharmaceutical Grade raw materials to ensure the best possible results from our line of products.
But what does Pharmaceutical Grade really mean?
Supplement companies (as well as food companies) can choose to use any raw materials, from any raw material supplier, from anywhere in the world. Standards vary from country to country and costs fluctuate wildly based on the quality of the raw material.
Feed Grade – This grade of raw material meets the standards set for animal consumption. Farmers, ranchers, and zoo operators want to keep costs down while supplying their animals with the nutrients that they need to grow quickly and stay healthy. But the impurities that animals can consume with no negative side effects are not the same as what humans can tolerate. Unfortunately, if a supplement brand wanted to use feed grade raw materials in human-use supplements, there is no law stopping them from doing so. Buyer beware!
Food Grade – This grade of raw material meets the standards set for human consumption. But minimally meeting human standards means there is a lot of room for micro bacterial impurities, cross contamination with other raw materials, and some tolerance to heavy metals. Additionally, human standard means that products can fall within 80% of label claim and still meet the requirements as set out for human consumption. Most supplement brands use food grade raw materials and are completely in their right to do so.
Pharmaceutical Grade – This grade of raw material is the only grade that Magnum sources it’s raw materials from. This is the raw material grade that is used in health clinics, hospitals, and funded university studies. The reason Pharmaceutical Grade raw material is used in these setting is because the product has to be in excess of 99% purity, with no contaminants, micro bacterial content, binders, fillers, excipients, or any other unknown substances. Hundreds of thousands of dollars can be wasted if a poor, lower grade raw material was used in a clinical study since the results will most likely be sub par. Similarly, low-grade raw materials would never be used in a hospital setting with patients or burn victims that have compromised immune systems. There’s too much on the line to roll the dice and hope the product doesn’t have a high level of micro bacterial agents or was only providing a small amount of the actual actives that they were prescribing to their patients.
All Magnum raw materials are sourced from Pharmaceutical Grade raw material suppliers. Once sourced and sampled, the whole order arrives at the manufacturing plant where it is retested for impurities before even receiving it. If it clears this hurdle it is then catalogued to be the correct raw material and 99% or higher in purity (no cross contamination with other raw materials) and placed into a quarantine area.
No nutrient can leave the quarantine area for supplement production until it is first identified. The laboratory processes for identifying nutrients are published in monographs such as the United States Pharmacopeia. For each raw material tested, the process must be documented and catalogued.
Numerous analytical procedures are utilized for identifying raw materials, such as atomic-absorption spectroscopy, fluorescence spectroscopy, fourier transform infrared spectrophotometry, near-infrared capillary spectrophotometry, UV-visible spectrophotometry, capillary electrophoresis, gas chromatography, high-pressure liquid chromatography and inductive coupled plasma mass spectrometry.
Pharmaceutical-made raw materials are also tested for microbial contamination by placing samples into agar plates with growth media for various organisms such as E. coli and salmonella. If a herb or amino is placed in an agar plate with growth media, and salmonella grows, this indicates that the raw material is contaminated. If raw materials pass the various laboratory tests, they can be released from quarantine and transferred to a holding area for use in supplement manufacturing.
These steps in Magnum’s manufacturing process are what guarantee your safety as well as the best results you can possibly achieve with nutritional supplements.